Associate Restoration Designer
The Associate Restoration Designer (ARD) produces documentation for land management programs and restoration projects. The ARD ensures that all documentation is conducted within the parameters of the work orders to meet client needs and regulatory requirements, and is consistent with WED’s mission and guiding principles.
- Conduct research, complete thorough and detailed site analysis evaluations, perform associated fieldwork, including analyze and identify soil and plant samples, and document field investigations in written, verbal and graphic form.
- Accurately draft detailed plans, design documents and drawings in written and graphic form, including Land Management Plans, Restoration Plans, site programming diagrams, illustrative sketches, diagrams, sections, as well as construction sections and details.
- Determine area calculations and material takeoffs for the purposes of drafting land management estimates and proposals as directed by the Restoration Designer, Project Managers and senior staff.
- Research project background and requirements (gather and analyze GIS data, historic land use patterns, deed and regulatory research, and supporting scientific documentation).
- Assist in the preparation of cost estimates.
- Prepare presentation plans and graphics.
- Communicate with clients, co-workers, and design team partners.
- Collaborate with environmental technicians in various types of active land management activities or restoration planting projects.
- Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Environmental Planning or related field preferred coupled with 1+ year of relevant design experience in ecological restoration, landscape design or related field, or Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture, Environmental Planning or related field coupled with 3+ years of relevant design experience in ecological restoration, landscape design or related field, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of invasive plant species and control/management techniques and Cape Cod native plant communities
- Required Licenses: Valid Driver’s License; MA Pesticide License/Certification (to be acquired within 60 days of hire)
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office
- Experience with Rhino 3ds, Sketch-up, ArcGIS and GPS
- Familiarity with Sage CRM/CRE a plus
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work respectfully as a team with co-workers
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Self-directed with demonstrated time management, strategic thinking and planning skills
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- This job will have exposure to occupational hazards such tick-borne illness, biting and stinging insects, poison ivy and sumac, and will occasionally require performing physically strenuous work in a variety of weather conditions
Please submit a resume, cover letter which includes position of interest, as well as samples of your work (attached as a pdf) to email@example.com