Landscape Construction Estimator
The Landscape Construction Estimator is responsible for preparing estimates and proposals by collecting and studying information and analyzing the scope of work and requirements, ensuring all opportunities are fully realized with an emphasis on quality, client satisfaction and profitability.
- Prepare design and construction estimates and proposals;
- Work interdepartmentally to gather, calculate, and compile data for use in proposals and estimates;
- Identify and quantify expenses, labor, material, and time requirements by studying plans, land management plans, specifications, and related documents to compute costs;
- Assist in maintaining a current database of costs to ensure the most accurate pricing for suppliers and subcontractors;
- Read, analyze and fully understand site plans, restoration plans and land management plans as well as other sources of information to formulate proposals;
- Review material and labor requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components;
- Make site visits as necessary to verify site conditions, site access, as well as measurements;
- Consult with staff members in other departments (Project Management, Construction, Design and Finance) to effectively formulate estimates and resolve issues;
- Work closely with the Senior Estimator, the IT Specialist, and the Technical Director to improve quoting systems.
- 1+ year of estimating experience in landscape construction, building construction, landscape architecture, and/or engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineering, Construction Science, Construction Management or related field preferred
- Experience with competitive bidding, subcontractors and projects over $100,000
- Proficiency in M.S. Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) software
- Experience with AutoCAD a plus
- Database experience required, proficiency in Sage CRM a plus
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Proven ability to read and understand site plans, restoration plans and land management plans
- Detail oriented and highly organized with strong time management skills
- Effective listening skills and communication skills (verbally and in writing)
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and respectfully as a team with co-workers
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills at all levels of the organization
- Proven experience proactively identifying work that needs to be done and following through to completion
- Demonstrated ability to manage several projects at one time and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage the high stress of tight deadlines and the major responsibility of accurately forecasting the budget for a project
- Present a professional, business-like image to clients, colleagues and visitors.
- Timely and dependable attendance
- Valid Driver’s License
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift material and/or packages weighing up to approximately 50 pounds
- This job will have exposure to occupational hazards such as tick-borne illnesses, biting and stinging insects, and will require exposure to a variety of adverse weather conditions year-round.
Please submit a resume and cover letter which includes position of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org